Rescuing Musical Memories

On the first Wednesday of every month the Friends of the Library host a sale of donated books and related items. Most months, I don't remember about the sale until Thursday; however, when I do remember, I like to browse through the donated LPs.

This record caught my eye for three or four months until I decided it was time to be rescued. It is in really good condition considering its age and the distance it has traveled.

Patrick Henry Junior High (now named Patrick Henry Middle School) is located in Sioux Falls, SD. From my research, it appears this school has a strong music program for several decades.

The selections on the rescued album were directed by Mrs. Glenya Hanson (1969-70), Mrs. Phyllis Hoiseth (1969-71) and Mrs. Ellan Muyskens (1970-71). These women dedicated the album to Mr. Oyan, one of the school's principals.



Do you know someone who attended Patrick Henry at this time and who would like this album? Leave a comment or send me an email. It will be my pleasure to send it to someone who treasures these musical memories.

Comments

  1. What a great find. I hope someone who attended the school finds your post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope someone contacts you about this record. That would be neat.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.