Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Yarn Angel

Our paths first crossed through providence. I strongly believe that statement because I cannot rationalize the events any other way.

Even before we actually met, Lois was my Yarn Angel.


In 2007, was at a local thrift shop casually looking in the yarn bin. The woman standing next to me (a stranger) asked what I was planning to make. I told her that I did a lot of charity knitting. She told me of a friend who was down-sizing and needed to get rid of some yarn and would I give her my contact information. I jotted down my number and address and promptly forgot about the encounter until bags of yarn began appearing on my doorstep. Yes, bags of yarn - garbage bags stuffed with full skeins and odd bits of baby and worsted weight yarn. Some of which can be seen here. I kept much of the yarn but also shared some with a local Prayer Shawl ministry.

I was thankful for Lois' gift, yet her generosity did not end with that first delivery. The yarn bags continued to appear.

Fortunately one day, I was home when a delivery was made and met Lois, my Yarn Angel. At Christmas, I sent Lois photos of the items I made from the bounty: baby sweaters, baby hats, baby blankets, slippers and hats for the troops and homeless.

Bags of yarn (albeit smaller bags) still appear on my doorstep from time to time. I think Lois must have told some of her friends because surely she did not have this large of stash. (Lois has been giving me yarn for nearly a year and a half)

Monday, my Yarn Angel blessed me yet again with her generosity. (See above photo)

Thank you, Lois, and thank you, Lord for bringing Lois, my Yarn Angel, into my life.

6 comments:

  1. It's nice that you finally met her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet reminder that giving comes in all forms and is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THE WAY YOU DESCRIBE HER AS YOUR YARN ANGEL. I TO HAVE PEOPLE THAT DONATE YARN, IF YOU DON'T MIND I'M GOING TO TAKE THAT PHRASE AS MY OWN.MAY GOD BLESS OUR YARN ANGELS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a tremendous blessing for all involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to email you to tell you that we are starting a Prayer Shawl group in our church. but I see you are well acquainted with the idea. I sure hope we get some Yarn Angels to bless our group.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly deserve that yarn angel. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly: pinnut3200@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...