I have lived in this area all of ten years of my life. Of course, the scenery is beautiful and the climate generally good, but the real reason I stay is because of the people.
Here are a few reasons that I like this area so much:
• Traffic (both directions) pulls over to the side of the road to let a funeral procession pass
• Strangers smile and greet each other on the street, driving or walking
• Drivers stop and allow pedestrians to cross the street even if they are not at a crosswalk
• Drivers at a four-way stop wave for others to go first even if they have the right-of-way
• American flags fly on Main Street on all holidays
• Benefits and auctions are held to help people (young and old) with extreme health expenses
It is a wonderful place to live because people truly do care about others.
Do people in your community do the same things?