Let's Be Neighbors

Let's Be Neighbors
60 x 72 inches
Quilt of Valor #254

Let's Be Neighbors was made using the Briar Rose pattern by England Street Quilts. I eliminated a lot of 2.5 inch scraps making this quilt. 

I made the sixteen patches before I selected this pattern. If I were to use the pattern again, I would not use white fabric in the sixteen patches because some of the corners of the design melt into the background fabric; thus, distorting the design. Despite that error on my part, I like the pattern and this quilt. 

Comments

  1. I've done that pattern and it's such a great way to use scraps! Love your version

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually - I like how some of those corners melt into the background. This turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Sara, I like how some of those patches melt into the background. This is such a thrifty use of fabric scraps and it's beautiful.
    Blessings and hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking how much I like that the white disappears into the fabric and thought how clever of you to plan it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is very, very pretty. Those "blended" blocks give the quilt a more subtle patriotic look. Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this one a lot - including the way some of the squares "melt" into the background. It is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here I thought those little white squares melting into the background were part of the design. I like the effect - very modern and striking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.