Four-Patch Charm

Four-Patch Charm
64 x 70 inches
Quilt of Valor #226

The Four-Patch Charm pattern has been on my radar for over a year, and I glad that I finally used it to make a Quilt of Valor. 

The blocks have a LOT of bias edges, so they require gentle handling. I also used Best Press (a spray starch) to help eliminate some of the stretch that bias edges create. Only one of the fabrics gave me problems (a red batik that stretched quite a bit and required several pins to tame it.)

Pattern information can be found on this earlier post

Comments

  1. It might have been tricky, but it was so worth it. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has a great look to it!! Interesting that the batik was stretchy, as it usually has a tighter weave. Beautiful results!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that is a really cool design!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work! This one is so amazing with the white to separate the color--I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza!! That's spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't even imagine sewing that. It is spectacular indeed. I've never been abe to sew well on the bias.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a very striking quilt. Those bias edges are really tricky but you handled them well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.