Unexpected Visitors

Mule deer doe and her two fawns
September 2022

Imagine my surprise to look out my patio door and find this doe and her fawns nibbling berries off of the shrubs. This doe basically lives on the Grand Villa grounds. finding shelter on the eastern edge of the property near the privacy fence. That area provides her with protection, plenty of grazing, and access to water. I rarely see her near my apartment because it is next to two busy streets, but I'm glad she decided to share her family with me for a few minutes. 

Comments

  1. That is close! I see a mom and her babies from time to time out back but they never get this close if they see me. They do however snack on all my plants when I'm not looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Something (birds?) have eaten all the berries off my winter berry bushes. My guess is it is going to be a COLD winter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understand how you enjoyed them. I know I enjoy those coming in to my back yard. Karen said they had a did with 2 dawn's yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate machines that want to change words. Doe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fabulous! We had a Mom and triplets!!!!!!! earlier this summer. I had no idea deer could throw triplets and all survive. Such a joy to see them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, are the deer a nuisance in the gardens?

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are brave to come so close to your building. They are beautiful animals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like she knows where the living is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful family! Doesn't it make you smile to see them visit your yard?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She must feel her babies are safe in your neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.