It Found Me

October 2022

I did my best to evade the coronavirus, but it found me last week. Ironically, I had an appointment for the third booster jab on Friday -- the very day I tested positive for the virus. 

On Monday, I thought it was merely an allergy flare as it started with a runny nose (typical allergies) and a sore throat. The next day, the hoarseness settled in my throat, and I developed a slight cough. Wednesday, I thought I was okay as the test I took was negative. By Thursday, the cough had turned into hacking and the hoarseness was terrible. Friday morning, I retested and wasn't really surprised by the positive result. 

I'm very grateful I was vaccinated because I have no doubt I would have been much sicker without the protection it offered. 

This morning, I am feeling almost human again: the cough has all but disappeared and the hoarseness is nearly gone, too. I'll retest on Wednesday and Thursday to see if the virus has moved on. 

Beware that some of the symptoms of the new variant are different. I did not have a fever anytime during the week. My oxygen saturations did not drop below 94%. I did not lose my sense of smell or taste or my appetite. 

I'll schedule an appointment for the new booster when it is safe for me to get it. I do not want to have this virus again. 

Comments

  1. I'm glad you were not much worse; this last one is much like a cold virus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no!!! I am sorry!!! did you call in for the pavloxid? It worked wonders for my Dad.. Heal up fast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered why you hadn't posted in a while. Glad you are better:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are getting over it quickly. I never tested positive, but I'm sure I had Covid awhile back. Steve and I both got the new booster a couple of days ago.SO worth not getting really sick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you are on the mend. I'm planning to get my flu shot and third booster later this week. Two of my friends (also boosted) have had Covid in the past couple of weeks. Similar stories - thinking it was allergies to begin with. Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no....I am so sorry to hear you've been sick. Darn that Covid. It can really sneak up on you. I just read that there are 20 different variants circulating around the world right now. My son and his family including my one year old Grand have had it 3 times in the past 6 months. This winter might be awful. I hope at least this gives you good immunity through the winter months. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yikes! Glad to here it wasn't too severe and that you're on the mend

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am glad you are feeling better. Thank goodness that most of the time, the vaccine keep the illness from being severe. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you are okay. So sorry it found you. Do you have any idea where you got it? I know that you are very careful. Rest and make sure you are over it completely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry to read that Covid found you, we all try to keep ourselves safe but.......

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry you've been sick. I hope you are feeling better by now. So much going on around here and I haven't been online in days. We're hoping to get our flu shots tomorrow if possible.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear this Nancy, but relieved you are feeling better. This virus is nothing to fool with. Fletch and I got our 3rd boosters before vacation and I'm sure glad we did. We have been lucky so far....fingers crossed that luck continues. Hope you can get your booster soon and hope you are back to normal in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and me both! I'm just now catching up on some blogs since being gone last week and worn out with Covid this week. I agree with all you said esp. not running a fever. The only difference I would add is you may continue to test positive for several weeks after you are feeling better. Pat's doc suggested he quit testing. The other thing is it seems to sap energy after you are over it. It is a pain. Glad to hear you are feeling better. It may take a while to get all your energy back. Hopefully you'll be feeling tip top soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.