Four-Patch Charm


The new project is progressing thanks to a day free from errands and appointments. I paired the squares of the background fabric with the four-patches sewn from the "nickels/charms" 5 inch squares. The four-patches and background squares were place right sides together, and I sewed a quarter of an inch all the way around the squares.


The next step was to make two diagonal cuts on the sewn units, creating four separate blocks that once pressed looked like this . . .


Oops, I placed the top right and the lower left in the wrong positions, but you get the idea. I told you there was a surprising result to this unique construction. 


Here's a preliminary setting for some of the blocks. I'll be moving them around to make sure they are in a fairly random order. 

The pattern is called Four-Patch Charm by Kathy Schwartz. (free pattern link) or also on her blog here


Comments

  1. oh... now you're just getting fancy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hum cool way to do a lot of triangles but — ugh working with all those bias edges! I. Looking forward to seeing what you do with these…. Happy sewing and hopefully you get this one done soon — it is intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how that is heading. That is going to be stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it!! I did this several years ago, and had forgotten just how striking that layout is. But I used all HST, and this technique is even better. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I knew it! I knew you were going to do something spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is striking Nancy! But...my eyes were spinnning - LOL I am definitely NOT a quilter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to be stunning!!! Nice to see how you master the blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!! It looks great! What a fun process:) You rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the layout of those blocks. It is beautiful and intricate.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.