New Project

four-patch units ready to be paired
with background fabric
September 2022

On Friday, I started a project that I'd prepped in January. This Quilt of Valor is being made with 5 inch squares from previous QOV tops/backings. (Some quilters call the 5 inch squares "nickels.") The pattern I'm using requires 96 nickels, sewn into four-patch units. Nine and a half inch squares of a background fabric will be paired with the four-patch units. 

The construction of this quilt is unique with a surprising result. 

Comments

  1. Isn't that star fabric pretty? Can't wait to see the "surprising" result. Knowing how fast you sew, I'm guessing it won't be long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simplicity of the 4-patch. I have a shoebox-size box full of 5" squares. I dig into them often but keep forgetting that a simple 4-patch block would be a good choice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got a pile sitting on my sewing machine bed I need to get to also. That looks like something fun. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty fabrics paired up together. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished QOV.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always loved four-patch and nine-patch construction. I look forward to seeing your project come to fruition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of the "patches". Four-patch, nine-patch, sixteen-patch. Your's is going to be great with those fabrics.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now you've got me curious…..5” is a big size….

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is off to a beautiful start! Very interested in what you are building!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.