Opening Night


Friday was Opening Night for the Fiber Guild Show at the Lander Art Center. Beverages and appetizers were available, and a small combo provided music. A good-sized crowd mingled among the displayed items, admiring the variety of talents and reading the information provided by the artist.

I selected four items to be included in the show.


Yes, that is my quilt, Duluth Stars, and twined rug (#24) hanging behind these two women.


Down the Garden Path and another rug (#23) were displayed on the facing wall. It felt so good to see my items being displayed in the gallery.


The Hers and His Aran Stockings were purchased by someone at the opening. How exciting is that?

If you want to see the other items on display, they can be viewed Tuesday - Friday (10 AM - 5 PM) and Saturday 10 AM - 3:30 PM until December 17, 2010. Stop by if you are in the area.

Comments

  1. Congratulations! Your items look so nice hanging there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful and whoever bought the socks definately have good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your pieces are works of art and look right at home in an art gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful works! Wish I could have been there. I always liked Lander :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful display...you should be proud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get a good photo opp?? Pose in front of your items in evening wear for all the photographers? I hope so, I want to see pictures! It sounds wonderful, mingling, music, munchies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your work looks lovely hanging in the gallery. It belongs there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really admire how straight your rug is. Your experience shows.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Quits are beautiful..what fun to see them all hung up!! Way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.