Twining Again


Last week I finished a rug which had been on the frame for over a month. This rug, the twenty-fourth that I've twined, will be in the Fremont County Fiber Guild show at the Lander Art Center. Some of the Guild members' items will be offered for sale. The His and Her Aran Christmas stockings, two rugs, and two quilts (Duluth Stars and Down the Garden Path) are my contributions to this year's show.

While I love twining the rugs, I detest the mess that they create. Literally every surface in my house was covered with a layer of lint which the fabric strips slough off during the twining process, and all I seemed to do when I attempted to clean was move it around to another spot. Friday and Saturday I battled the elusive lint, and now the house is nearly lint free.

Comments

  1. I think it is worth the mess...they are really pretty. I am trying the suggestion left on my blog to see if I can leave a comment without all the trouble...............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! A lint-free house means it is time to start a new one LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the look of this rug. This style is so old-fashioned. It brings back fond memories of the ones I had growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As usual, I am behind on commenting! I do love all the work you have posted - the quilt, rug, baby blanket - and your Foreign Friday photo. I see you are staying busy. Is it cold in Wyoming yet? It has been cooler here in Texas - that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your rug is amazing! I love it :) You are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know it make a mess..but the rugs are so beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to purchase a rug like this... do you sell your creations?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reached your blog through pinterest. Am starting my first rag rug, twining, which i hope o enter in the fair as well. Felt compelled to comment becuz i lived in Riverton 10 yrs ago and miss Wyoming more than i thought...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.