"Someday" Realized

Every once in a while I go through the bulging notebooks on the bookshelf and dream. These books are where I file my "someday" projects, projects that I collect but rarely knit. I have similar files on my computer in copious folders, categorized and labeled. Someday, they may be used, someday.

Recently, one of the projects actually made it out of the notebook - an Aran knit stocking "An Aran Christmas for Him and Her,"  Knit 'N Style (December 2007)

The yarn is 100% wool which I reclaimed from a thrift shop sweater several years ago.

Even though I rarely knit cables, I enjoyed knitting this project. In fact, after finishing "His" stocking, I cast on the "Hers." The cuff is more lacy on Hers and the inside of the cables is also lacy.

 The finished stocking is large - an 8 inch long foot, and 20 inch long leg.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.