Winter's Fury


Another snow storm hit the area on Tuesday, dropping 6 - 7 inches. The miserable weather inspired me to make a pot of chili and to knit on Snowdrift. I finished the blanket last night (Wednesday) just as the late news was ending.

The blanket (27 inches square) was knit on size 10 needles, using two strands of Caron Dazzleaire Petite (White) and the Checks and Ridges stitch.

These late snow storms have two benefits: they melt quickly and they produce a lot of needed moisture. I am hoping this snow-inspired blanket signifies the end of winter's fury.

Comments

  1. This blanket seemed to work up quickly. I know size 10 needles contributed to that, but you must be a speedy knitter, too. Nice work!

    Maybe you could change the weather by knitting a spring inspired blanket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope it is the last of winter for you....know it has lasted a LONG time and don't you know how sweet spring is going to be:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sure are prolific! lovely pattern

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty, Nancy...hey, I sure hope spring sticks around for good for you one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another beauty, Nancy. I'm sure you are ready for spring! One thing about it, with all your talents, you have plenty to keep you from being bored while you are snowed in. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear God, spring already, please??

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, hope the sun comes out..
    lovely blankie..

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is a lovely pattern. Is spring there.....again???? It seems to be here again in SD.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blanket Nancy! You must knit very fast!! I hope your weather has improved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice blanket. Isn't that a great stitch. I used it to make a scarf for my Dad and really like the way it turned out.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a beautiful blanket and will surely be loved by the person that gets it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.