Tenacity


My sister Marilyn is making a cross-stitch replica (16 x 24 inches) of her grand daughter's graduation photo. This is the third photo she has cross-stitched: the first was her grand daughter's junior photo, then her grandson's graduation portrait, and now this portrait.

Here is the finished replica of her grandson. The original photo is in the bottom right corner. Even the white background is made of individual stitches. These portraits are a labor of love.

I am not so sure that I would have the patience or the tenacity to take on such a project.

Comments

  1. That's amazing! I thought it was a photo until you explained.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that isn't love....I don't know what is.....what awesome gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't do it, but I sure admire those who can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is absolutely beautiful! I know I have patience, but I don't think I could ever do a cross stitch like that. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I know I wouldn't have the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, and so unique! I have never seen one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! That's talent and patience!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow..this is so impressive..I have heard of this before...I believe you send the photo away and they make up a pattern for you..It is a wonderful idea..I used to Cross Stitch. Your sister certainly has patience! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.