I'm Addicted


I started this BSJ before I seamed the shoulders on the sweater in yesterday's post, so I didn't just knit it overnight. It is made with Lion Wool (worsted on size 8 needles).


The BSJ is quick because is comprised of 115 rows of knitting and an optional collar. It is knit in one piece, and is a gangly-looking thing before seaming.


The sleeves are formed by folding the edge up to the shoulders. The shoulder edge is then seamed.


I use bobby pins to clip the two edges together. The pins work great because the tips are smooth and do not snag the wool and are easily removed. By using a mattress stitch, the seams are barely visible.


This sweater sports a mandarin-type collar. I haven't found the right buttons yet, but they will be added soon.




Comments

  1. Both this sweater and the previous one turned out great! BSJ is on my to-knit list. I've never knitted one, but once I do, I bet I become addicted, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you make one adulted sized, in pinks of some kind, LOL!! Really, it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this one, too! Pretty colors, also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute little sweater!! oh I can knit..but I have not knit in years..you are so talented Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I swear you are the fastest knitter I have ever known! Great job....

    ReplyDelete
  6. good for you! I knitted a couple of those last year. challenging

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I use the large bobby-pins too. When I'm doing a Tunisian crochet project, the first few rows often curl so I use the large bobby pins to anchor the yarn until I crochet more rows for weight. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.