Hunkering Down

Look what Mother Nature sent to Wyoming?

Winter Storm Warning here with an expected 6 - 12 inches by the end of the weekend. Presently, it is 25 degree Fahrenheit: anticipated high 27 degrees.

A pot of Wild Rice soup is simmering, and the ingredients for cornbread are waiting. I am hunkering down and plan to get some knitting and rug twining done while the snow continues to fall.

Update:



The storm dropped a total of 10 inches of snow in town. Lander reported 26 - 29 inches and Thermopolis' total was 15 inches. The moisture was welcome but not all at once: crops are still in the field, many trees were damaged, and some motorists were hurt or killed in accidents. This storm gave everyone a wake-up call that winter is just around the corner.

Comments

  1. I am green with envy, Nancy. I think we hit about 80 today. The soup and cornbread sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, really?? That is something that usually happens in my neck of the woods!! LOL! Enjoy the snow! And your nice pot of soup!

    Take care,
    Colleen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surely it's too early for this much snow!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.