Crayon Box

Monday afternoon, I started knitting an Oddball Baby Blanket, using scraps of Caron Simply Soft. The blanket is named Crayon Box since the colors do not coordinate at all.

I am knitting three ridges of garter stitch in a soft beige between each color to break up the contrast and to give the blanket more of a planned appearance. The color strips are not the same size because I am using scraps.

Each strip has a different stitch, with the completed sections as follows:

Lime Green - British Moss stitch
Wedgewood Blue - Andalusian stitch
Green - Checks and Ridges stitch
Yellow - Purled Ladders stitch
Sand/Bone - Garter stitch

Changing colors is motivating me to keep knitting, and I am pleased with the progress.

Comments

  1. IT LOOKS BEAUTIFUL. IT WOULD TAKE ME ALL YEAR TO KNIT A BLANKET.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic blanket! I may make one like that some day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, that's lovely. How clever to coordinate it by bordering each stripe with the beige yarn. I'll have to remember that the next time I'm knitting something out of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nancy, that looks like great way to try new stitches. Working and learning, working and learning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is going to be a great little blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful blanket. Very creative and most colorful. Nice job...

    Gail

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.