Hats Galore


Cowgirl Hat Ball 
created by Terry Maker
2019

This summer, I went to the University of Wyoming Art Museum to specifically see this piece. I was not prepared for the visual impact it had in the round display area. The piece is made from over 500 straw cowgirl hats. 

massive sphere constructed of wood and over 
500 cowgirl hats

photo to provide perspective as the sphere is about six foot in diameter

No doubt it would be appropriate to say, "My hat is off to the artist for creating this fun artwork."



Comments

  1. Wow! That is really amazing. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very interesting piece of art and quite appropriate for Wyoming. Will it stay on display there or is temporary? My thought would be, where would I put this thing after the museum? lol
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza! It looks like something out of Star Wars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a different perspective on "tipping your hat".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed! My hat is also off to the artist. What an interesting piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very true! lol It really is an amazing sphere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an amazing work of art. I would love to see it in person. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting and impressive piece of artwork. It must have been a difficult project!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.