Two in One

Scrappy Silver Lining Hat
reversible hat
December 2022


Remember the old Doublemint commercials: “It’s two, two mints in one!” The Silver Lining hat is two hats in one. The pattern is straightforward and a mindless knit: it was once free but is now $5.99 at Valley Yarn. The popular Musselburgh hat is very similar, but the crown is knit differently. 

My hat was knit with random balls of scrap, sock yarn. The darker section was knit with two different balls of leftover yarn; the colorful section, with multiple, small balls of scrap, sock yarn. 

I’ve got a bag of sock yarn remnants, so I cast on another Silver Lining hat as soon as this one was off the needles. 


Comments

  1. Such a great pattern for scraps of yarn! This turned out so nice Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE THEM!!!! The colors are glorious. I am ashamed to say mine is sitting here unfinished. I put a few rows on it here and there but haven't been able to commit despite the fact that I really, really want to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooooooooooo...I like the really bright side turned to the outside. That's a fun hat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! Just like a scrappy quilt, the scrappy knitting projects look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great, sounds great, a lovely looking reversible hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some lucky person is going to keep really warm in that nice hat and a great way to use yarn scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pretty hats and such a good idea for scrap yarn. I'm going to look at this pattern. And yes - "double your pleasure, double your fun, with Doublemint, Doublemint gum." Boy does that take me back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. While cleaning out the yarn storage area, I found a bunch of handspun yarn scrap balls and I thought of making this hat! This turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Definitely a beautiful hat! And, isn't it great to use up those leftover little balls of yarn!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.