Painfully Slow Knitting

beginning of Noro Scarf
March 2022

My knitting has slowed to barely a crawl in the last few months. I have numerous projects started and none really progressing. This Noro scarf was started in January, and it's been sitting at the bottom of my knitting bag since then. The "pattern" is credited to Jared Flood, but even he says it was someone else's idea. It uses four skeins of Noro Silk Garden (it's not an inexpensive project to knit): two skeins are the same color way (to be used throughout the scarf) and two are completely different. 

I've knit the scarf before as well as turned another scarf into a cowl. I purchased several skeins of Noro Silk Garden at a shop that was going out of business, so I got the yarn at a discount. 

Don't look for this project to be finished soon: at the rate I'm knitting, it might be finished in a year or more. 


Comments

  1. Sometimes the "mojo" just isn't there for working on anything. The yarn appears to be extra soft, so whenever you do finish, it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find scarves so hard to knit. They just go on forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's like that. Even if you enjoy the project, it just doesn't seem to get done. All of my energy is being put into the baby's cross stitch. I haven't knitted much at all and I miss it but I'm on a deadline!
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen that pattern before somewhere. It's very pretty.

    You could sure use it here today. It is SNOWING again. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Val - scarves seem to go on FOREVER and I find them tedious to knit. That one looks as though it will be really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm pleased to read that your painfully slow knitting does not relate to your painful hands, or back. Just sloooooow knitting, which is too bad, in these busy times. My knitting is always rather slow, as is my stitching, quilting, etc, etc. Not to worry, we will get there in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember that scarf all the colors are beautiful and they go with anything! I have no knitting mojo at all:(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you Nancy. I have some tiny need1e socks that I cannot manage right now. Im shakey again. So crocheting bunnies is my current focus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i love noro yarn. Your scarf will be amazing I'm sure !

    ReplyDelete
  10. ps I found you whilst bog-hopping, be lovely to see you over at mine sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have knit several of these, and given them as gifts. Nice color choices in yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.