Jump-starting My Mojo

Newborn Baby Hats
March 2022

It's no secret I haven't knit much lately, so I thought maybe I needed to jump-start my mojo by knitting some small projects. I literally started knitting some really small projects from scrap sock yarn. I searched my digital files and found four patterns that looked promising. One was much too small; one, much too large. Those hats were frogged, and I settled on two patterns that were the right size for newborns. 

The top left hat and the one on the needles was knit using Bev's Baby Ribs Hat by Beverly A. Qualheim. It's basically a 2 x 2 rib sock cuff (72 stitches on size 3 needles) with a few decrease rows at the top. The pattern is also on Ravelry.

The hat on the top right used Basic Baby Beanie - newborn by Tracy Henwood. It uses 80 stitches on size 3 needles (one inch of 1 x 1 rib) and then straight stockinette and top decreases. 


Comments

  1. What cute little hats! My mojo has disappeared also. I need some inspiration and I haven't found it yet. I think it's the fact that winter is over and I barely put on a single knitted garment this year. It's time to pack them up for the duration and it seems I just unpacked and washed them-for no good reason. It was either too warm to wear them or too cold to go out. Mother Nature's mood swings this year were harsh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. scrap yarn makes such fun combinations. Nice job Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I like the ribbed one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, to be able to knit....knit for me, okay?! The hats are so cute-I used to knit so many of them flat before I knew about circulars. I used to knit for my local hospital until the maternity ward closed. Now I give them to the local Women's Center .

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the hats Nancy. I know wherever they end up, they will be appreciated. I haven't been knitting much because all of my time has been spent cross-stitching. I can't wait to pick up the needles and hook again. Yarn is calling out to me. It's siren call cannot be denied! :-)
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun hats and what a great idea for scrap yarn. Where do you donate them? Hospitals? Or shelters?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such cute hats, your mojo is really back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! I love the red, white and blue!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.