Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wonderful Surprise!

In January, gMarie offered to make twelve blocks for the Quilt of Valor 12 in 2012 challenge, and Tuesday, her package arrived. Oh my, that box was a treasure chest!

Enclosed in the box were 24 red/white/blue blocks, plus a couple extra for good measure - enough for two quilts!

gMarie's generosity did not stop there because she also sent the scraps (pictured above). These are simply luscious scraps: gMarie's sense of color is wonderful.

Yesterday, I started sewing the blocks together into tops. Wait until you see her unique and classy blocks: they are beautiful.

Please come back on Monday to see gMarie's blocks made into Quilt of Valor tops.

6 comments:

  1. gMarie is a dear friend, and ironically, the subject of my Thankful Thursday post today. I can't wait to see what the two of you (so to speak) create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a nice assortment of fabric...looking forward to seeing the results :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My fabric has been washed and it is on my desk waiting to be cut..hopefully in the next day or three:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful surprise! And a wonderful collaboration!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly: pinnut3200@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...