What a Show!

Since the weatherman is predicting snow and cold temperatures in the days ahead, the crab apple blooms will not last long, and sadly, many of the buds will probably not have a chance to even open. 

Yesterday under overcast skies, the trees proclaimed that Spring has arrived with an elaborate show of blooms and buds. Today, the wind is howling and heavy rains are falling, but hopefully, they will not turn to snow. 

The Hopa crab apple can be found in many residential areas because the Riverton City Council urged citizens to plant the trees many years ago. When conditions are perfect, these trees are gorgeous. This could be the year if the predicted snow doesn't fall.

Ironically, this delicate white beauty is named Spring Snow. I hope that this is the only white stuff that is visible this week.


Even the plum trees are covered with tiny blooms.

After a long, long Winter, it is wonderful to see these beautiful signs of Spring. With a bit of luck, the blooms will last longer than a couple of days.

Comments

  1. As I watched the weather this morning I thought, "Oh no, not AGAIN!" So sorry that winter just refuses to leave your area! I'm not rubbing it in, but we will have upper 80s today with 70% humidity... uggghhhh! The AC will be switched on in my quilting room today. Perhaps our weathers could meet in the middle and neutralize each other? WAIT! That is JUST what is happening, and why they are predicting severe weather for OK and KS! I'm sure they are not happy with THAT either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have waited a long time for spring and oh is it worth it...hope you don't get the snow and ruin everything....I am assuming they smell as good as they look:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are finally seeing signs of spring. The blossoms are beautiful! I hope the weatherman gets it wrong this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE the blossoms...we are still in the leaves just started so we are still a bit behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous. My plum tree is full of fruit this year. They should be ready by late June and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. do they smell as heavenly as they look? I am taking deep breaths just thinking about them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty pictures, Nancy. I wish you could send the scent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that snow doesn't show up and ruin all those beautiful blossoms!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy you take such beautiful pictures, you capture every detail. May you spring stay with you a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'Spring Snow' is one of my favorite flowering crabs. If I remember correctly she is sterile..so there are no messy crabapples to clean up. Oh and she must smell just like heaven:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.