Noon Year’s Eve

Our hostess, Sue welcomes everyone to the Noon Year’s Eve celebration 

Sue discovered Noon Year’s Eve during the early days of the pandemic, and this year she and her husband hosted the celebration in their apartment for ten people. They provided party hats, noise makers, sparkling cider, and a light lunch of soup and sandwiches. 

We sang Auld Lang Syne and toasted the new year and friendships. We even celebrated a special birthday - Marilyn, seated to Sue’s right and played a game once the dishes were washed. 

Sue’s invitation 

I’d never heard of Noon Year’s Eve, but a quick online search revealed it is popular, especially as a way for children to join in the holiday festivities. I’ll admit it was a fun way to usher in the new year. 


Comments

  1. That's a great idea! I bet it was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! I didn't make it until midnight this year. I fell asleep on the couch and was really upset about it. I've never missed a midnight before. I always eat potato chips and onion dip as the ball drops in honor of my mom who used to get us up and lets us share her New Year's snack along with a sip of her Coke. We never usually had such things to eat around the house so it was always a big treat that I used to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a wonderful way to celebrate! Happy New Year, Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of it before but I think it would be a great thing to start. Noon Years Eve. We never make it to midnight together anymore. I'm up at midnight often, but not Dennis.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FUN idea! I was awake at midnight this year, but tucked in bed with a book. And for the first time in years my husband was awake too - out in family room chatting with the sons-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun! We couldnt stay up till midnight, as I imagine a lot of seniors couldn't either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun way to usher in the new year. My daughter and her husband celebrated in that way with their children. I had never heard of it either. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! I never stay up any more and this would be a nicer alternative!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.