Historic Portals

On Tuesday, I took a side trip to visit one of my favorite places in southeastern Wyoming: Fort Laramie. The last time I visited the fort was in the late seventies, but it hasn't changed other than some improved walkways, etc.

How many prisoners longed to be on the other side of this window?

Most of the glass panes in the buildings had lovely swirls of imperfections.

The past is clearly revealed by doorways

that welcomed the occupants home after a long day,

windows that revealed their surroundings and offered protection from the elements.

and stairwells with polished bannisters.

I imagine a sewing machine or a writing desk tucked in the little alcove at the top of these stairs.

Windows frame what was, what is, and what will be.




Comments

  1. Nice photos! Old glass is one of my favorites. I love the way the imperfections distort and soften the view.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Nancy...Thx for taking us along in your travels....:))

    Hope you have a great week...

    Hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the best trips! I have family in Wheatland too - the pictures were great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.