Cinnamon Jumble

Dreary weather motivated me to settle into my sewing room. I rummaged through the scrap bin and decided to make a few string blocks. A "few" blocks ended up being 30 blocks as it was hard to quit once I saw the string pile diminishing. I depleted my stash of 1.5, 2, and 2.5 inch squares and strips.

I even used half square triangles left over from the Bear Paw Quilt. The sashing is also a remnant from the Bear Paw Quilt.

I am proud to report that this entire quilt top, binding, and backing is made from my fabric stash. The only purchase I made was thread, and of course, the price of having it quilted.



Update: March 25, 2011
Cinnamon Jumble was donated to the Quilter's Newsletter drive for victims of the Japanese earthquake and tsunami. I pray that the recipient finds comfort in this quilt.

Comments

  1. Its beautiful Nancy, i love it..I love color...
    Hope you have a nice sunday..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my - how delightful! Your border takes the 'ordinary' scrappy blocks and defiintely pulls the whole thing together, very well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that batch of scraps sure turned out pretty!! Strings are addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this. Are you keeping it for yourself??

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is a stunning piece of work. nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that! I love how you put the blocks together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. .....clapping....oh yes....I am
    definately liking this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that quilt and it is for such a worthy cause. Kudos!
    Rebel Follower

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.