Capitol Quilts

Colorado's Quilting Council is hosting the 20th Anniversary Capitol Quilt Show in the Colorado State Capitol Building in Denver, CO from June 2 - August 19, 2009. The show is free and open Monday - Friday from 7:30 AM - 5 PM. On display are 250 quilts made by Colorado state residents.

Many of the quilts are on display in the balcony area on both sides of the capitol building so they can be seen from three floors.

Free programs are given to those who attend. Numbers on the quilts correspond to those in the program which provides a brief description and background of the quilt and/or quilter.

Viewers are encouraged to vote on three favorite quilts. One of my favorites was Falling Leaves owned by Helen Klute, Estes Park, CO. She said, "This quilt was given to me and my husband to commemorate our 60th anniversary. What a wonderful gift! Quilt pieced by Marge Bowen and quilted by Tomorrow's Heirlooms."

Another favorite of mine was Stace's Pine Shadow by Ann J. Sanders Shopbell from Grand Junction, CO. She said, "I made this quilt for my daughter's first home in 2007."

Look at the unique construction of the pine trees. It was a stunning quilt.

If you are in the Denver area from now until August 19th, I encourage you to go view the beautiful quilts on display.

Comments

  1. The quilts look so grand hanging in this building. I really like the pine trees, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pine Shadow is my favorite too. What a wonderful place to exhibit these treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.