Friday, August 26, 2011

Foreign Friday


Notice the "FFJ" emblem on this boy's hat

I didn't know until I visited the Sanbongi Nougyou Agricultural School that the Future Farmers of America organization had an international component.

Here is what I discovered online:
"Recognizing diversity as a strength of an organization, in 1955, the FFA went international. As a result, there are Future Farmer Organizations in Japan, Brazil, Columbia, Korea, Mexico, Panama, the Philippines and Thailand."

Future Farmers of Japan
Sanbongi Nougyou Agricultural School
Towada, Japan
August 1979


5 comments:

  1. That's neat!! Good for the Future Farmers for being international... and good for all of us, actually.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea there was an international component. How cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think farmers are more appreciated in Japan.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly: pinnut3200@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...