Creating Peace

The items are packed and ready to be mailed to the Baby Pack coordinator tomorrow.

I posted a photo of the sweaters before, but now they have accompanying socks and/or hats. It was a lot of fun making the items for this charity. Knitting the sweaters was addictive: I couldn't stop at just one. I will definitely be knitting more sweaters for the three patterns that I used. The tiny socks were easy to make. I used Super Quick Baby Socks by DilysSutherland. The socks are knit cuff down and have a square-turned heel. I am sure that a baby would not be able to kick it off very easily.

It warms my heart to know that my humble efforts will be helping children halfway around the world. It adds meaning to the line from an old song, "Let there be Peace on Earth, and let it begin with me." Will you join me in creating this Peace by making something for a charity, local or international?

Comments

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. Your comment about the sleigh ride got me to thinking about how spoiled we are by modern conveniences. I've been singing the praises this week of the person who thought to add heaters to car seats and very thankful that our rental car has them.

    By the way, the sweater sets are adorable! And I always lick the lid of the yogurt cup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how adorable, the kids will love it and be warm in them..
    I love, love that saying..i had never heard it before..
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.