Shoo Fly

Shoo Fly
61 x 67 inches
QOV #135
Shoo Fly used the last of the eagle napkins, so I can officially cross them off of my UFO challenge sheet. I considered making individual quilts with the final four napkins, but I was growing weary of working with them. I'm sure you are getting tired of seeing them, too.

I do like how the outside design on the napkins creates a secondary pattern around the center burgundy block, made from fabric donated by Judy. The red border was also some yardage from Judy.

This quilt is named for the huge "shoo fly" block in the center.

Quilts made using the eagle napkins:

    Clean Sweep

    American Spirit

    Super Moon

    Morning Star

    Shoo Fly


Comments

  1. Great idea - I do love the way the four napkins create another border. Very, very pretty. And another UFO challenge scratched off!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was perfect use of those napkins! I think you nailed it and as you know I was thinking you might do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this was a great way to use the final four napkins. They really are very beautiful and are showcased like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is such a striking quilt. Using all four napkins created a lovely design. I, too, love the borders in each one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on completing your challenge! They've all been great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How super fun! Great job using these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who would have ever thought of using napkins for quilts. So clever!
    Now that I think about it Daddio was always trying to steal cloth napkins from restaurants and hospital telling me he could use them for quilting. I blamed it on the dementia. Maybe he had something there after all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great way to highlight the napkins and make a beautiful quilt, too!
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The eagle napkins work very well in the large shoo fly bock, congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They look beautiful all together. This might be the prettiest one of them all.

    I was wondering why it was called a ShooFly quilt. It makes perfect sense once you explained it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the effect of the swirly lines in the napkins! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I got tired of working with red, white and blue quilts last summer. I've got one started but it's going to stay on the UFO list for a while.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.