Surprise Package

yarn from Ellen
October 2017
On Friday I picked up my accumulated mail at the post office and was surprised to find a package from Ellen (The Ellen Report). Tucked inside the box was a variety of worsted weight yarn (scraps and full skeins) and two skeins of sock yarn.

Ellen thought I could use the worsted weight yarn for charity knitting and included the sock weight as a special treat for me. The hank of brown and gold yarn (University of Wyoming colors) will be perfect for knitting a pair of Cowboy Joe socks! Knitting will commence very soon.

Ellen, thank you for sending a box filled with fiber goodies. Your kindness is beyond measure.


Comments

  1. What a pkg of love!!!!! We will see it knit up soon, I bet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stash!! Ellen sure is a sweetie. I want to see the Cowboy socks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ellen is the best! And packages in the mail are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely surprise! Knitters are the best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now those are wonderful surprises! Knitterly friends are the BEST.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a thoughtful gesture! I know you'll make good use out of all of the yarn. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! Can't wait to see what pattern socks "Cowboy Joe" gets. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely thoughtful gift - enjoy every delicious moment of the use of these goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww Nancy. This post made me tear up! (dangit I'm at work shh!) For someone whose kindness is so generously shared and given back to other people, strangers in this world, it means a lot. This kindness you give is so important. Every ounce of it counts in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucky you! Surprise packages can be so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.