Knitting w/Dyed Yarn

Dailey Cowl and Eyelet Ridge Cowl
May 2017
The Fiber Guild met last Saturday, and I wanted to have a couple of items knit from the yarn I dyed at home following the Spring Retreat.

wool and nylon reclaimed wool
 dyed with Wilton icing paste
The top cowl was knit with the skein of yarn shown at left. I used the Dailey Park cowl pattern and posted about the cowl here.

wool and nylon reclaimed wool
dyed with Wilton icing paste
The bottom cowl (Eyelet Ridge pattern) was knit with the skein shown at left.

The yarn was reclaimed from a 75% wool and 25% nylon thrift shop sweater, and it has a thick/thin quality. I'm happy that my yarn dyeing experiment worked and that it resulted in some yarn that looks acceptable when knit.

An earlier post about the yarn can be found here.

Comments

  1. They both turned out really pretty. I've never heard of icing paste, what exactly is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cowls are beautiful. I marvel at your patience in unpicking thrift store sweaters. How do you get everything you do done?
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job with the dyeing AND the knitting. I have some Araucania that looks like the yarn in the bottom photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful; I love to work with hand dyed yarn and yours sure turned out some nice knitted items!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who would ever guess that you could use icing paste to dye yarn! The colors are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! I think each step you married the piece together really comes together, yarn, dye, pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cowls and gorgeous colors! I am in love with reclaimed wool and haunt thrift shops for garments that can be reused for knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The yarn you dyed is just beautiful! I love how you repurpose fiber and turn it into something more usable. You're inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look so nice. You've done a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.