Vintage Quilt - Double Wedding Ring

vintage Double Wedding Ring quilt
circa 1930s


Comments

  1. I think this is my favorite of all quilt patterns! And I've never been fortunate enough to own one. The pattern is way to intricate for me to ever attempt on my own. This one is a beauty.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved Double Wedding Ring quilts. This one is particularly pretty. and, I love the names of Daria Wood's Grandmother and Great-Grandmother

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so beautiful and how wonderful to know that 2 generations of women worked on this. I can picture these ladies sitting in a rocking chair, hand piecing by lamp light or on a shady front porch maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful and stitched with such love because that is not a simple quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wedding ring quilts. A friend received one as a wedding shower gift. She was amazed--just blown away!! Everyone oohed and aahed and I said to the quilt maker, also a close friend, "Showoff."

    ReplyDelete
  6. The stitched medallions in the middle of the rings are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Phew, I can comment again. I can't believe what great condition that quilt is in. The stitching is just marvelous

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is fabulous. Can you imagine all that hand-stitching? I love this pattern, but I don't think I'll ever be skilled enough to make it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.