Through the Window

Baby Robin soaking up the sunshine
June 2015
Last week, this baby Robin gave me the evil eye when I went out to water my geraniums. It wasn't a surprise to see him/her there because the glider outside my front door has been a popular perch for baby robins in the past. Some of you may remember my photo of the Brothers Grim in 2011.

The baby tolerated my comings and goings but the Mama Robin was making a big fuss on the roof.

What surprised me later was seeing (through the window) the actual exchange of food.  The window screen certainly shows up in the photos, but I couldn't resist sharing the images.

What did I tell you about talking to strangers!

Later in the day, a sibling joined this little one. They stayed for the day and received multiple feedings, but I haven't seen them since; perhaps, they have now learned to fend for themselves.

Comments

  1. So special...love to see the birds just being birds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the simple things isn't it. Why can't we remember to just enjoy such simplicity instead of constantly wanting for more. The white lace net set off the scene so beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is neat! Robins don't nest here so I really don't know much about them. I didn't know any birds kept feeding their young after they left the nest. It sure is giving you the look though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love the feeding picture--even through the screen! I think birds know when they have found safe haven. You will probably see more of them and in my book that makes you very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, cute pictures of the Robins! And she was feeding them on your glider??? It's so cool that you could watch them right outside the window.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhh...so cute!! I love those beauties!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One last meal from Mama before they fledged?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our bird babes hang around demanding their parents feed them for weeks. We currently have sparrows woodpecker downeys and Cardinal juvenilles

    ReplyDelete
  9. She must have sent them off with full bellies! I loved the photo through the window...perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat capture Nancy! I like the views through the window screens.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great picture...of momma feeding...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I, too, enjoy watching the birds in my yard. At retreat in June I was able to watch a mom and dad swallow feeding a nestful of babies. Surprisingly, they were pretty used to people watching them so didn't get into a kerfuffle over us. Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.