Binding Handwork


In the last two weeks I received three Quilts of Valor (QOV) back from the volunteer machine quilters. Attaching the label and binding and hand-tacking the binding on the back is the last stage of the quilting process, and if I have something to occupy my mind, the handwork goes by quickly. While working on the latest bindings, I listened to another audiobook - Deeper Than The Dead by Tami Hoag.

Currently, two of my recent QOV are at volunteer longarm quilter in Utah, and three more are in Montana. The quilts in Utah will be delayed more than usual since the quilter had an unexpected back surgery.

I always enjoy seeing how the machine quilters add their personal touch to the quilts.

Comments

  1. I used to listen to audiobooks occasionally when driving a long distance but haven't listened to one in a few years. I may need to give that a try again while doing handwork. Now I usually pick some TV show without a big plot - Food Network, HGTV, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you have one of those scissors that I have admired that real seamstresses use! Good job Nancy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire the work of a long-arm quilter too. Their designs often amaze me.

    Pretty red fabric, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice that you can listen and work at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fabric on both the binding and back. My DIL does machine quilting and I tell her she is a magician. She says the machine does all the work but I don't believe it is that easy. There is a lot of her in the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, Nancy. How wide do you make your binding? Doing binding for me is just like that second sock; I procrastinate forever.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.