It Takes a Village. . .


I asked my sister and brother-in-law how many houses were in the North Pole village display in the atrium of their home. 

"A lot!" was their reply. 


 My brother-in-law created the mountain on which the houses are arranged. The cheerful display greets all who enter their home and is visible on four sides.


Several of the houses and accessories were purchased at half the normal price when a Riverton store was reducing inventory and/or eliminating displays. The bargains were too good to pass.

 It includes more than one ice-skating pond.


It took a holiday village to add a spark of nostalgia to the season.

Comments

  1. That is awesome! I've always wanted a little village just never had to room for one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Christmas village displays; there is always so much to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you you could look at that a really long time to see it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only have 7 or 8 houses, but hubby keeps saying that some year he's going to add his trains to the scene! We just never seem to have the time to set that up! I love that they made the mountain tiers, and the ice rinks are awesome! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun post Nancy. I don't have a village but I Love seeing other's.
    Happy new years eve……
    i'm knitting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love it - thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely little village. Wouldn't you just LOVE to live there. Or maybe you do ---- is Riverton cute like that?

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you shared it. I have had a love of miniature villages since I was a child and my brothers had train sets and car sets.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so pretty. These things always look better at a time of the year which lends it self to displays that are lit up. They always look so cherry and cosy. Here where it is hot they seem so out of place.
    You are in. The right place for Christmas
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.