Favorite Capitol Quilts 2011

 Remember the Just One Star program? A finished quilt was prominently displayed in the Capitol Quilt show. It was stunning. As of last week, quilters have sent in over 12,000 stars for this program. Read about it here.

 I fell in love with this simple, scrappy quilt.

A close-up to show how it was constructed.

I especially liked the enlarged blocks on the back.

Another quilt with an enlarged block on the back.

If you want to try making a large block like the one above, Mary's Carpenter Star pattern may be helpful since she has already done the math and gives the cutting directions.

Comments

  1. Wow! That first quilt was breath taking and reading about the organization made it even better. I also like the second one a lot too....God bless those who quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some day... I will do a quilt...the real way... (I cheat and do serger quilts.... but a quilt is on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow -- I hadn't read anything on the just one stars project until you posted about it. A wonderful quilt was made from the stars. Quilters are amazing people -- 12,000 stars will make a LOT of quilts. I'd guess they didn't expect such an outpouring. B.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.