Windows of Faith

I've admired the windows in my church for years and decided to share them with my readers on Sunday. Each Sunday I will feature two stained-glass windows along with an explanation of each window. Previous windows can be viewed by typing "Windows of Faith" in the search box in the top left corner.

Crown and Palm
Crown of Thorns windows

"Hosana; Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord." (John 12: 12-13) These were the words that were shouted by the multitudes as Jesus made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem. The symbol of this is the palm leaves and the crown. It depicts the victorious Christ as King of Israel. Not only does this window remind us of Christ's victorious entry into Jerusalem on that first Palm Sunday, but we are also reminded of the victory which is ours through our Victorious Christ during that Passion Week when "He gave His life a ransom for all" and when "He was raised again for our justification" on Easter morn.

This is perhaps the best known of all Christian symbols: it is an unusual crown for a most unusual King. It is a crown that was thrust upon the sacred brow of Jesus in an act to humiliate, hurt, and disgrace Him. Christ wore that crown of thorns that we, by His grace, may wear the crown of life everlasting. That we dare never forget.

Comments

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.