It's That Good!

If you visit Oahu, don't forget to stop for a Shave Ice at Matsumoto Grocery Store in Hale'iwa. Yes, you will find many other places that sell Shave Ice, but the buzz on the island is Matsumoto's is the best. If the lack of parking anywhere near the shop is not confirmation enough, then perhaps the line winding around itself at the front of the store will convince you.

The store does sell other items (souvenirs, T-shirts, and even groceries), but it is the Shave Ice that most of those lined up want to purchase.


These young people handle a lot of ice in a single day: according to their website, they sell 1,000 shave ice a day. The guy in the red shirt takes the orders, and one in white shaves and packs the ice.


This young woman adds the flavoring, almost anything you can imagine - even combinations. Their flavors are all homemade. I wasn't too adventurous - my first was Pineapple; the second, Lemon. They were both delicious.


We indulged in this tasty treat twice during the week we were on the island. Marilyn and I would have stopped on another day, but the line was too long.



Comments

  1. Sounds good. I would probably order the vanilla flavor--also not very adventurous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.