Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winter Quilt Show

A local quilt guild hosted a quilt show on Saturday and Sunday, and I could not resist attending since it was housed less than a mile from my home. A friend and I walked to the show.

The block at the top of this post was one of three on a table runner. I spent a lot of time looking at it to determine how it was pieced.

I was impressed with the number and variety of quilts on display. Obviously, this area is blessed with some talented quilters.
This quilt was made from a local quilt shop's block of the month. I believe three of these quilts were on display.
The border of this quilt caught my eye. I especially like the placement of the red strips.

I was intrigued by the block setting on this quilt.

An attractive Crown Royal quilt was also on display. I love the zig-zag border.

What a stashbuster! The background fabric almost looked like linen.

I was impressed with this quilt's attention to detail. Even the background of the nine-patches was quilted. An awesome quilt.

It was difficult to get good photographs because a lot of people were admiring the quilts. The show even had a decent vendor area. Between the vendors, the quilts, and the attendance, I think it is a safe bet this show will be held again next year.


  1. The quilted detail in the last photo is amazing!

  2. I love the "chain link" quilt (probably not its real pattern name.) That is a stashbuster, and would take HOURS of cutting... Maybe on the small art quilt scale I could do something like this. Wonderful show pictures! Thanks for sharing.


  3. Would have loved to attend this show. There are indeed some very gifted quilters in your area.


I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly: pinnut3200@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...