Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Old Enough to Vote

It usually doesn't take me 23 years to finish projects; however, this cat is definitely the exception. The actual crewel embroidery was finished in 1986. The kit was for a form-shaped pillow, but I did not like it that much. So, the cat has been sleeping in my cedar chest all that time.

I purchased the materials necessary to frame the cat when I was in Denver.
Yesterday, I decided it was time to finish this project that is well aged and Old Enough to Vote.

What is the age of your oldest unfinished project?



5 comments:

  1. The cat looks great in the frame. I have a couple of projects aging in the closet--a cross-stitch project and a quilting project that are both about six years old. I've come to realize they will never be finished. And as soon as I get the energy to clean out the closet they are getting tossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Nancy...
    Looks great after all these years...LOL
    Hope you are doing well...Sorry I have ben behind on my Blogs lately...LOL

    Take care...
    HUGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy....several. Mostly cross stitch kits that sort of went awry and one crocheted afgan. The picture turned out great! Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most likely a quilt I started to emboider the squares for before my son was born. I finished two, so far. He just turned 31. The other thing is an embroidery of "Now I lay me down to sleep". The whole prayer with pictures. My mother, who is 84 worked on it as a young woman and I worked on it as a preteen. It's so faded, I can't see the lines, but I can't just throw it away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I really like the colors in the cat picture.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly: pinnut3200@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...