The Quilt - book review

A friend recently gave me The Quilt by T. Davis Bunn as a belated birthday gift, and yesterday afternoon while I waited for new maps to download on my Garmin, I read it.

It is a quick read and a delightful story. It has a powerful message: to glorify God in all that we do and to give thanks for everything in our lives.

At one point a reference is made to George Matheson. I did not recognize the name until I did some research.

The Quilt cited Matheson's "Thanks for the Thorn" to illustrate our need to praise and thank God.

My God,
I have never thanked thee for my thorn.
I have thanked thee a thousand times for my roses,
But never once for my thorn.
Teach me the glory of my cross,
Teach me the value of my thorn.
Show me that I have climbed to thee by the path of my pain.
Show me that my tears have made my rainbows.
~ George Matheson ~


Today, I pray that you see the rainbows in your tears.

Comments

  1. tears making rainbows ... that is a lovely concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely poem. I agree, tears making rainbows IS a lovely concept!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing that. Is is beautiful. I'm going to add this in my next post and put a link to your post/blog, if that is okay with you?

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.