Empty Nest Syndrome

I was a bit disappointed to discover that the little ones have flown the nest.

That is until I saw this later in the day. . .

The neighbor's cat had a bit too much curiosity about the nest. I have no doubt that if the babies had been in the nest, she would have found a way to get to them.

I watched the cat for about 15 minutes and took these photos through a window crusted with winter grime. The cat stretched, sniffed, and tried to bat at the wreath, but just could not reach it. However, if the babies had been in the nest, I definitely would have intervened.

Comments

  1. Maybe the cat already gotone of the babies and was back looking for more! That's what our neighbors cat did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nesting, laying, hatching, and flying the coupe... what a lovely segway into Spring and Summer!
    But.....
    (BAD KITTY! BAD!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They grew up and flew away quicker than I expected. I guess the wreath will be coming down now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.