Valentine Pennie Pockets


Yesterday, I made more items for the hospital auxiliary Valentine's Sale.

I originally saw the pennie pockets here before Christmas, saved the pattern, but quickly forgot about them until I saw them mentioned again on Tipnut.

Tipnut linked to the pattern on the Moda Bake Shop. The pattern is easy to follow and the pockets come together quickly. I was able to cut and make the eight pockets in two and a half hours with a couple of breaks to fill my mug with hot tea. I made a prototype to make sure I understood the pattern. The others were much easier to make.

I am not a fan of yo-yos, so I will embellish the prairie points with buttons instead. For the sale, I will fill the bags with candy.

**Tip** baste the prairie points across the cut edge to keep the edges even and to prevent migration once it is pinned on the pocket front.

Comments

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE THE COLORS. YOU GIVE SO MUCH OF YOURSELF AND IT SHOWS IN YOUR WORK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I imagine that they love to see your stuff come into the shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are darling, Nancy. You amaze me with all that you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.