Something about a new year, falling snow, and gusting winds put me in the mood to tackle the mess that has been accumulating in my sewing room (actually a very small spare bedroom). In the winter, I keep the door closed to conserve heat, and the room becomes a catch-all and a total mess.
Friday, I decided it was time to bring some order to the chaos. Some items were determined good candidates for the annual yard sale and quickly taken to the garage where I will price them when it is warmer. I consolidated some of the yarn bins and folded fabric for another bin.
I decided to make some drawstring bags out of some drapery fabric and some twill. I don't have a clue where I got the fabric or why. The bags are easy to make and will be sent to a medical mission coordinator. She will add the shoe strings to the bags.
My two-day sewing binge resulted in 61 bags and used 10 yards of fabric. The room is still a mess, somewhat smaller now, but at least I accomplished something.