Finally Finished

I have no idea how long these socks have been on my needles, but I am relieved they are finally finished. The yarn is Sockotta (45% Cotton, 40% Superwash Wool, 15% Nylon) by Plymouth Yarn.

I am a little disappointed that the feet of the socks do not match, but except for the toe, they are pretty close. This pair is a gift for one of the workers at the hospital. Whenever he sees me knitting on my volunteer shift, he wants to know when I am going to make him a pair of socks. I hope he will get a lot of use out of them.

The yarn is a perfect weight for those who do not like a thick sock or for those who live in a warmer climate. I like to wear the ones that I have in the summer: the cotton makes them cooler, and the wool wicks the moisture away from my feet.

Now, I have only a couple of extended-projects on the needles (my monster socks and a baby afghan). I hope to finish both projects by the end of the year, so I can start 2009 with a new slate of projects.

Comments

  1. I bet he never thought you would really knit him a pair of socks. He's sure to like them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh those are nice! What a great surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is a man... he will never notice the stripes don't quite match. I made a pair of socks for my nephew one year -real close to Christmas- and the colors were so off that a blind man could tell. But not my nephew... he was just excited to get the socks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I didnt even notice the toe until you pointed it out. They are too lovely. Great job! Hope you FO's.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly - my address is in upper right hand column.