Friday, May 2, 2008

Oddball Knitting Rush #2 & 3

Tonight, I finished the sections on "Easter Basket" and "Just Ducky." Knitting on Easter Basket was wonderful because I got to see just how attractive the blankets are with all the sections complete. On this particular blanket, all of the knitters used a stitch pattern that resembled a basket weave. The stitches added a lot of texture to the blanket.


Easter Basket Update: May 31, 2008
Easter Basket is finished and ready to be sent to the hospital.

I am curious to see how Just Ducky will progress. I cannot visualize what other colors the knitters will use. I had planned to use a solid yellow, but it didn't look right with the first section. Thus, I chose a subtle variegated yarn with white, a light yellow, and a pale orange.

Just Ducky - Update: June 26, 2008

Just Ducky has grown quite a bit and ready for some edging/border. I am always amazed when I see the finished blankets and how good they look even with all the oddball colors from the different knitters.










I should be receiving "Firetruck Lane" in the mail tomorrow. I think I am going to use a lime green yarn instead of the traditional red or white that is associated with fire trucks.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You've worked your fingers to the bone this week! Impressive! Lovely job on all of the blankets!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

If you are going to ask a question make sure you have your profile set to allow me to respond back by email or email me directly: pinnut3200@yahoo.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...